St. Teresa of Calcutta
PRAY FOR US!
Jenkins mission trip
December 20th-22nd in Jenkins, Kentucky
Departure Time: 1:30pm, wednesday, December 20th from St. Catharine parking lot
Return Time: 10:00pm (estimate) friday, December 22nd
Where we stay in Jenkins: St. George Church, 22 Dotty Ln, Jenkins, KY 41537
Mode of transportation: Cardinal Transportation Motor Coach
What to Bring:
Money for 2 meals: One meal on the way down, one meal on the way back.
Proper clothes are important! Your normal day to day clothes plus, hats, gloves, coats, and boots. You will be in the mountains of Kentucky in the middle of December working outside for the majority of the day – thus, you want to make sure you are warm!
Basic Toiletries (very limited shower conditions)
Sleeping bag and pillow (you and the floor will be close personal friends by the end...)
Prayer Gear: Bible, Rosary, Journal, Pen/Pencil.
Smaller snacks are allowed, provided that you are not a slob and know how to clean up after yourself
Movies (especially Christmas ones) for the bus
What NOT to Bring:
Cell Phones: You can bring them for the sake of having them since they are often thought of as a vital organ, but we will ask that they not be used. A large part of this trip is to grow in unity as a team and to embrace simplicity.
What The Parents Need to Know:
There will be at least a 6 to 1 ratio of students to adults (a.k.a. – They will be safe)
Drivers of vehicles will all be over 25 years of age (a.k.a. – They will be safe)
Adult chaperones will be in compliance with Diocesan Requirements (a.k.a. – They will be safe)
A reminder of the Code of Behavior for the trip:
1. The Participant must stay and participate in the entire event. The Participant may not leave the premises unless accompanied by an adult leader, parent, or legal guardian.
2. The possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or weapons of any kind is not permitted.
3. Foul language is not tolerated.
4. The Participant must comply with any and all directions of activity staff.
5. The Participant must respect the rights and property of others. Damage to or defacing of property will be the financial responsibility of
the Participant involved and the undersigned.
6. Failure to abide by this Code of Behavior may result in a request to the undersigned to transport the offending Participant from the
premises, and the undersigned shall immediately comply with the request.
Cost: $100 (payable to St. Catharine)
We are asking you to raise $100.00 for this trip. If you wish to raise more, that would be wonderful! The more money we raise, the more we can provide for the people of Jenkins, KY. This is supposed to be sponsorship, not simply a fee. We ask that you go to your teachers, family, friends, grandparents, and godparents, and ask that they give a donation to you for this trip, maybe even instead of buying you a Christmas present. It is a small way to sacrifice for the poor we will be serving! The sponsorship will provide lodging, food, and travel expenses for yourself; more importantly, a good portion of your sponsorship will go directly toward buying supplies for the people in need. No one will miss out of this trip for financial reasons. If you are unable to raise the money, please let Brendan know and we will work it out.
Deadline to Register: December 6th at Midnight!
Please complete the form below
If you are paying by cash or check, simply hit submit and you are finished! PLEASE PAY BY DECEMBER 10TH.
If you want to pay online via St. Catharine's secure online giving site follow the directions below and then CLICK HERE
If you or your family already gives to the parish, simply use their information to login, otherwise you can create your own account. Then follow these steps:
1. Click "Give a New Gift"
2. Under "Youth Group Events" choose "One Time"
3. Enter $100.00 in the Amount space
4. Enter "Jenkins" in the Special Intentions space
5. Click "Next" at the bottom of the page
6. Click "Submit"